This Privacy Statement informs you about the type of personal data that is collected and received through our website https://www.wakatobi.com and related blog https://blog.wakatobi.com/wordpress/ (“website”), and about how we use, share, retain and protect such personal data.
Who we are
We are the Indonesian company P. T. Wakatobi Resort. (“we”, or “us”) and have our registered office at Kuta Poleng Blok D-1 Jln Setiabudi – Simpang Siur, Kuta, Bali, Indonesa. We are the controller responsible for the processing of personal data through the website.
How we obtain personal data
We collect and receive personal data through the website. Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
First of all, we collect personal data that you choose to voluntarily provide to us when making an enquiry. In addition, we collect certain personal data by using cookies when you visit the website.
- To gather website statistical data to analyze how our users use the website, such as which pages are visited, how long pages were visited and the paths taken by visitors to our website as they move from page to page.
The types of personal data we may obtain
We may collect and receive the following personal data from you:
- Name and contact details (such as name, address, email and phone numbers);
- Information on your use of the website;
- Personal data included in enquiry form and essential information form;
- Traffic data (such as your Internet usage).
- Any other information that you have provided us (such as whether you would like to receive our newsletter).
We may collect other types of personal data if required under applicable law or if necessary for the purposes listed below. We will then inform you and ensure that there is a valid legal basis for doing so.
How we may use personal data
We may use the personal data we collect and receive for the following purposes:
- To provide information, proposals and services to you;
- To analyze how the website is used, such as which pages are visited, how long pages were visited and the paths taken by visitors to our website as they move from page to page;
- To verify compliance with applicable legal requirements and our policies.
- To contact you, such as by sending personalized emails, about our products and services, or to send you our newsletter.
We process personal data because this is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us, for our compliance with our legal obligations and for the purpose of our legitimate interests. In particular, our legitimate interests are our commercial company interest (e.g. to improve our products and services), our interest to make use of direct marketing, our interest to prevent fraud and our interest to report possible criminal acts or threats to competent authorities. Some of the personal data that we process is required for us to meet our legal obligations, for example we cannot create an account for you if you choose not to share your personal data with us.
How we may share personal data
We may share the personal data we collect and receive on a need to know basis with the following third parties:
- Service providers;
- Competent public authorities or other third parties, if required by law or reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of ourselves or others.
- We may also transfer your personal data in the event that we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets on a need to know basis. Should such a sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to direct the transferee to use personal data you have provided to us in a manner that is consistent with applicable law and this Privacy Statement.
We do not sell, rent or trade your personal data.
Data transfers outside the EEA
We may transfer your personal data to countries other than your country of residence (including countries outside the European Economic Area). This occurs in the course of providing your travel arrangements or because our group companies, partners or service providers have operations in countries across the world. The laws of these countries may not afford the same level of protection to your personal data.
The transfer of personal data to countries other than your country of residence is often necessary to provide our services to you. In other cases, we will ensure that adequate safeguards are in place to comply with the requirements for the international transfer of personal data under applicable privacy laws. For transfers of personal data outside the European Economic Area, we may use Commission approved Standard Contractual Clauses as safeguards.
We may also be required to disclose your personal data to foreign public or government authorities
How we protect personal data
We maintain appropriate technical and organizational security safeguards designed to protect your personal data against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. However, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and us or the personal information stored is absolutely secure. We will notify you of any data breach that is likely to have unfavorable consequences for your privacy in accordance with applicable law.
How long we retain personal data
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- The right to obtain, at reasonable intervals and free of charge, information on whether or not your personal data are being processed and to receive the personal data that is being processed in an intelligible form;
- The right to request rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of or objection to processing of your personal data. You may also request us to provide you your data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format which can be transmitted to another controller.
- To exercise these rights, please contact us using our contact details set out below. We may request you to provide a copy of your ID card or otherwise evidence your identity. We will respond to your request within the applicable statutory term.
- Moreover, subject to this Privacy Statement, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority.
Updates to this privacy statement
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time. We will notify you of any significant changes to this Privacy Statement on the website or through other appropriate communication channels. All changes shall be effective from the date of publication, unless otherwise provided in the notification.
How to contact us
If you have any comments or inquiries about the information in this Privacy Statement, if you would like us to update your personal data, or to exercise your rights, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Wakatobi is very well organized, like a well oiled machine. Our dive guide was very impressive. The dive sites are very good with amazing coral and sea life. We were both very moved by the experience of seeing the culture in this part of the world during our visit to the Gypsy Village. Well done, Wakatobi, for your input for the people. Even as a non-diver, I so enjoyed my… “Wakatobi is very well organized, like a well-oiled machine.”